Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BYU's Bigs

Ok, I just got back from the BYU-TCU basketball game. I went with one of my best friends and we had front row seats, incredible! Thanks Ashley! I have followed BYU basketball very closely this year, but haven't had the opportunity to watch as many games as I would like. Obviously, BYU is very good this year. Their guard line is one of the best in the country. Jimmer Fredette is a National Player of the Year candidate. They're ranked #12 in the country. They're good. My question mark was their big men. I had my doubts about how far they could go with Chris Miles and Noah Hartsock and Jonathan Tavernari as their main contributors at the 4 and 5.

But after watching tonight, I'm very optimistic! It's true, Miles and Hartsock aren't scoring machines, but they don't need to be. They get plenty of scoring. I was extremely impressed with Miles and Hartsock on the defensive end. Their help defense on the high screens was smothering. They moved their feet well and forced the guards out way further than they wanted to be and still made it back to their man in time. Inside, they played solid defense without fouling, which will be crucial come tournament time.

It was very encouraging to see BYU's Bigs. I am believing more and more that this team could make some noise come March. Go Cougars!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dave! You should be a sports writer. Also, did you take the photos on your blog of the game? They are great. Front row seats, huh? You got hooked up big time. So happy because no body I know enjoys a good game more than you!

    ReplyDelete