Friday, September 16, 2011

The Butterfly Circus


I know this is a bit long, but you won't regret it. All of us, to an extent, are like the people in this movie. We focus too much on the things we can't do.

I definitely felt like that as a missionary, especially at first. I couldn't speak Bulgarian, I didn't really like the food, I wasn't good at getting up early, etc. There was a reason I was called to Bulgaria, though, and it's because Heavenly Father knew me well enough to know that I could do something. I remember very well my "sink or swim" moments.

This has been a pattern throughout my life. The moments when I feel like I've been left laying on the rocks usually become critical moments in my life. Heavenly Father knows me and is willing to let me lay there until I'm ready to do something about it because He knows that's what I need to progress. His goal is my eternal progression and exaltation, not my momentary comfort. I love Him for that!

4 comments:

  1. "His goal is my eternal progression and exaltation, not my momentary comfort." - I love that!

    P.S. I think about you ALL the time! One of my little girl's favorite books that she requires we read nearly every night is "Bears on Chairs" and the illustrator is a guy named David Walker! So I pick up the book and go, "David Walker! I wonder how he's doin'..." Hope you're enjoying your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story Dave. So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this beautiful story. Here's to the butterfly in all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great movie. It's definitely gives me something to think about! What do I think I can't do that would be possible with His help?

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete